From: "Leonard Kater" <lgwkater@casema.net>
To: "SNSD-L" <SNSD-L@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 04:41
Subject: Hemp in Danger! Save Hemp

Dear Friends,

At INFOTERRA listserver I found an alarming message
about Hemp banning in USA as part of the "war on drugs"
to make testing for drugs easier.

Hemp is a very valuable plant, needing almost no fertilizers to grow
and very useful for making paper and strong fibers.

So the hidden purpose behind banning hemp must be securing
the interests of the woodcutters to cut wood and the corporations
to sell fertilizers just as it has been banned decades ago to serve
the interests of the cotton barons.

This type of anti-drug hysteria should be stopped. ASAP.
Have a look at www.savehemp.org for more details about
the USA situation - but europe should also be invited to take
a firm stand for using hemp as a means to improve soil and save
forests.

warm regards,

Leonard Kater

Please forward this message as wide as possible.