[Vredeslijst] Fwd: 20 feb: Stop the War on Migrants Demonstration TU Delft Bedrijvendag

Stop Wapenhandel - Mark Akkerman m.akkerman op stopwapenhandel.org
Wo Feb 14 12:40:29 CET 2018

Stop the War on Migrants Demonstration TU Delft Bedrijvendag

We are calling for a demonstration against the cooperation between
universities and weapons companies. These companies profit from wars and
the exploitation of migrants.

TU Delft has been cooperating with Thales and Airbus on research and
development of advanced military technology, such as radar systems and
composites for military aircraft. Their products are being used in
war-zones and by EU border guards, making the borders more and more
deadly. They spend huge amounts of money to lobby the European Union to
militarize its borders.
Both companies are taking part in the upcoming career fair in TU Delft.
They aim to promote their job and attract engineer students to work for
them.
We will be loud, we will be visible and we will be there to disturb
their dirty business.

*Action day:*
February 20th, 13:30, TU Delft
AULA conference center, Mekelweg 5, 2628 CC
How to get there: From Delft train station you can take the bus 69, 40,
174 and stop at the bus station: TU-Aula, Delft

*Preparation meeting:*
February 17th, @13:00, Amsterdam
Nieuwland, Pieter Nieuwlandstraat 93, 1093 XN
Come for an overview of the action plan and find out how you can get
involved.
NOTE: in order to participate in the action it is not necessary to
attend this meeting. Everyone can join the action.

*Participation* in this action does not require any specific experience.
However, it will be an outdoors activity so be prepared according to the
weather conditions.
Legal advice will be provided during the preparation meeting and on the
action day itself. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any
questions.

*Help us spread the word.* Invite your friends and comrades, bring us in
contact with other groups. If you feel you are in a vulnerable position,
please get in touch with us and we will try to create a safe environment
for everyone* to join.

* Any form of discrimination won’t be tolerated.

*A **few words **a**bout us.*
We are a newly formed, self-organised group based in Amsterdam. We
campaign against the current EU border and migration policies. We focus
on the way the EU militarises border security, and the arms and security
companies, such as Airbus and Thales, lobbying for and profiting from
this. We stand
in solidarity with anti-capitalist, anti-authoritarian, anti-racist and
environmental movement. Last but not least, we don't have any connection
with state organisations or funding, and we do not intend to have any.