[Vredeslijst] [Midden-Oosten] Fwd: On the way to Freedom

Wim Lankamp w.lankamp op hccnet.nl
Wo Feb 29 15:56:14 CET 2012

Heel goed dat 'researching together how people can live together in peace'.
Uri is m.i. nog wat zoekend, maar houdt in feite een pleidooi om de
BDS-beweging te versterken. On the way to Freedom, inderdaad.
Mvg, Wim Lankamp

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: midden-oosten-bounces op ddh.nl [mailto:midden-oosten-bounces op ddh.nl]
Namens Malika Cieremans
Verzonden: woensdag 29 februari 2012 15:25
Aan: vredeslijst op ddh.nl; Midden-Oosten lijst
Onderwerp: [Midden-Oosten] Fwd: On the way to Freedom

Beste mensen,

hier een brief van een Israelische vredeswerker, die ik in de Peace
Community Tamera in Portugal heb leren kennen.
Ik heb grote waardering voor Uri en de groep vredeswerkers met hem, die
werken aan de oprichting van een ecologisch vredesdorp in Israel-Palestina.
Uri kan alle support gebruiken in de komende 10 dagen, zoals hij hieronder
beschrijft. Mocht je een donatie willen geven, ik kan je verzekeren dat deze
direct bijdraagt aan de vredesprojecten waarvoor deze groep zich inzet. Ook
letters of support zijn vast en zeker welkom.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Malika Cieremans
www.malika.info
www.tamera.org

-------- Originele bericht -------
Shalom,

In few days (1st March) i will go to prison, and i ask your attention to
hear why. On 24th November 2007, I participated in a demonstration in Tel
Aviv against violence toward women. The organizer of the demonstration was
arrested on the sidewalk and I joined my friends who blocked the police car
where she was being held. I was arrested and a court hearing went against
me, In which the judge decided to add to the suspended sentence a fine of
800 shekels (160 Euro) or 10 days in prison. After much thought I decided
that my conscience does not allow me to pay this money to the State of
Israel.

One out of three women has experienced sexual harassment during her
lifetime. In Israel during the last year 21 women were killed by their
partners. We still live in a patriarchal culture in which the female voice
is silenced and the feminine knowledge is repressed. I will go to prison for
the right to protest against patriarchy, chauvinism and machismo and for new
relationships between men and women. I see a direct connection between the
fight between the genders to the culture of war in Israel. Instead of
funding the military budget I would like to invest my money in purchasing
land and establishing an ecological village which will research peace by
Israelis, Palestinians and internationals <http://www.prv-association.org>.
But Israel's policy regarding land acquisition, ecological building and
co-existence prevents me from doing this here.

Several months ago I returned to Israel from the Tamera Peace Research
Village (Portugal)<http://www.tamera.org/index.php?id=1&amp;L=0>, after four
years of intensive study in which I learned about the possibility to create
social structures that support peace. In this study I also encountered the
patterns of war in me that made me for example stay sitting on the road,
against my decision (before the demonstration) not to confront the police
and not to be swept away by the places in me that are attracted to the high
energy of such a confrontation. I also learned how love and sexuality are at
the root of our deepest longings, as well as at the root of our most painful
fears. I learned and I'm still learning to separate love from jealousy,
domination, possessiveness and calculation. I now live in Jerusalem with a
group of pioneering men and women who are researching together how people
can live together in peace. Our lives are dedicated to creating a new
culture which is based on communities who commit to truth and trust. This is
my new activism <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtUTZuJctpU>.

If you support my decision not to pay the fine, I have a request from
you: while sitting in jail I cannot continue my fund-raising work for the
various projects of our group, such as the planning and building of a system
of lakes to retain rainwater in Wadi Qelt (near Jericho) as a model to stop
desertification. Please contribute to the humanization of money - from the
industry of war to building models of peace. This will be a wonderful gift
for me to discover that while I was sitting in jail donations were
accumulated that will enable the continuation of our work. Here you can
donate on-line with a credit card <http://www.prv-association.org/node/34>.
Anyway, please send me an e-mail to update me if you contributed or if you
wish to contribute.
Even a small amount will delight my heart and remind me that I'm not alone.

For a world without states, prisons and punishment For a real revolution in
which the loving human is in the center For accessibility for all humans to
water, food and energy For the happiness of all beings

Uri Ayalon, February 2012
uri_ayalon op yahoo.com

Meer Midden-Oosten: http://vredessite.nl/middenoosten/