[Midden-Oosten] (Fwd) Open letter to Mr. Papandreou 'LET US SAIL'

Boyd Noorda (prive adres: zie sociamedia.nl) mailinglists2008 op sociamedia.nl
Zo Jul 3 13:18:00 CEST 2011

From:	"Stichting Nederland-Gaza" <info op nederland-gaza.nl>
Date sent:	Sun, 3 Jul 2011 12:50:31 +0200

Beste vrienden,

Hieronder de open brief aan Mr. Papandreou 'LET US SAIL'.

Tevens het verzoek deze brief verder te verspreiden onder uw vrienden en
kennissen.

Vanavond om 10.00 uur vergaderen we verder over te nemen acties

Hartelijke groet,
Sjaak Kuijer

* Doorbreek de blokkade, steun de Nederlandse boot naar Gaza*

 Maak uw financiële bijdrage over naar bankrekening 447872605 t.n.v.
stichting Nederland-Gaza te Gouda.

DELEGATIONS ON THE DUTCH-ITALIAN BOAT TO GAZA

Open letter to:
Georgios A. Papandreou
Prime Minister of Greece

Corfu, 3rd of July

Dear Mr. Papandreou,

We, members of the Gaza Freedom Flotilla II, are outraged by your
government´s decision to close the ports of Greece to our humanitarian
initiative, even by force if needed. From all parts of the world we have
come to the shores of Greece, leaving behind our work places and families,
in order to peacefully put into practice our solidarity with the oppressed
people of Gaza.

This decision not only violates the consecrated principle within
international law of the freedom of the seas and the ancient tradition of
freedom of the Mediterranean, but also disregards the claims for democracy
and self-determination of the people of Palestine as well as of the non-
governmental organizations we represent.

It is totally incomprehensible to us and fills us with just wrath that the
Greek government closes the ports to our ships at the very moment in which
you, Mr. Papandreou, have been constantly expressing the need for
solidarity with the Greek people. You and your government acting as an
ally of Israel in the Palestinian question means you also seem to have
forgotten the struggle against the military dictatorship in your own
country.

The members of this international peace mission therefore demand, on
behalf of the people of Gaza, for us the same right to move that has been
granted for centuries to the Greek people in our countries.

MR. PAPANDREOU, LET US SAIL!

Nourdin el Ouali
Ibrahim Belaidi
Rafiq Fris