[Duurzaamlijst] Sunday 14th of March - screening: The End of The Line

Boyd Noorda, Socia Media mailinglists2008 op sociamedia.nl
Wo Mrt 10 18:42:38 CET 2010

From:	Suzanne Hogendoorn - Format 23
Date sent:	Wed, 10 Mar 2010 00:18:03 +0100

Coming Sunday 20:30 @ OT301

The end of the line

Documentary about the impact of overfishing our oceans!

Imagine an ocean without fish. Imagine your meals without seafood.
Imagine the global consequences. This is the future if we do not stop,
think and act The End of the Line, the first major feature documentary
film revealing the impact of overfishing on our oceans. In the film we
see firsthand the effects of our global love affair with fish as food.

It examines the imminent extinction of bluefin tuna, brought on by
increasing western demand for sushi; the impact on marine life  resulting
in huge overpopulation of jellyfish; and the profound  implications of a
future world with no fish that would bring certain  mass starvation.
Filmed over two years, The End of the Line follows  the investigative
reporter Charles Clover as he confronts politicians  and celebrity
restaurateurs, who exhibit little regard for the damage  they are doing to
the oceans.

Start 20:30 @ cinema OT301
Overtoom 301, Amsterdam
Damage: 4 euro