[ddh-sys] apt-listchanges: changelogs for less
root op ddh.nl
Vr Jan 1 13:46:40 CET 2010
libtool (1.5.26-4+lenny1) stable-security; urgency=high
* Non-maintainer upload by the security team.
* Fixes local privilege escalation vulnerability: CVE-2009-3736
-- Michael Gilbert <michael.s.gilbert op gmail.com> Sat, 12 Dec 2009 14:33:54 -0500
postgresql-8.3 (8.3.9-0lenny1) stable-security; urgency=high
* New upstream security/bug fix release:
- Protect against indirect security threats caused by index functions
changing session-local state. This change prevents allegedly-immutable
index functions from possibly subverting a superuser's session
- Reject SSL certificates containing an embedded null byte in the
common name (CN) field. This prevents unintended matching of a
certificate to a server or client name during SSL validation
- Fix possible crash during backend-startup-time cache initialization.
- Avoid crash on empty thesaurus dictionary.
- Prevent signals from interrupting VACUUM at unsafe times.
- Fix possible crash due to integer overflow in hash table size
- Fix very rare crash in inet/cidr comparisons.
- Ensure that shared tuple-level locks held by prepared transactions
are not ignored.
- Fix premature drop of temporary files used for a cursor that is
accessed within a subtransaction.
- Fix memory leak in syslogger process when rotating to a new CSV
- Fix incorrect logic for GiST index page splits, when the split
depends on a non-first column of the index.
- Don't error out if recycling or removing an old WAL file fails at
the end of checkpoint. It's better to treat the problem as non-fatal and
allow the checkpoint to complete. Future checkpoints will retry the
removal. Such problems are not expected in normal operation, but have
been seen to be caused by misdesigned Windows anti-virus and backup
- Fix PAM password processing to be more robust.
- Raise the maximum authentication token (Kerberos ticket) size in
GSSAPI and SSPI authentication methods. While the old 2000-byte limit
was more than enough for Unix Kerberos implementations, tickets issued
by Windows Domain Controllers can be much larger.
- Re-enable collection of access statistics for sequences. This used to
work but was broken in 8.3.
- Fix processing of ownership dependencies during CREATE OR REPLACE
- Fix incorrect handling of WHERE "x"="x" conditions.
In some cases these could get ignored as redundant, but they aren't
-- they're equivalent to "x" IS NOT NULL.
- Make text search parser accept underscores in XML attributes.
- Fix encoding handling in xml binary input. If the XML header doesn't
specify an encoding, we now assume UTF-8 by default; the previous
handling was inconsistent.
- Fix bug with calling plperl from plperlu or vice versa.
- Fix session-lifespan memory leak when a PL/Perl function is
- Ensure that Perl arrays are properly converted to PostgreSQL arrays
when returned by a set-returning PL/Perl function.
- Fix rare crash in exception processing in PL/Python.
- Make the postmaster ignore any application_name parameter in
connection request packets, to improve compatibility with future
-- Martin Pitt <mpitt op debian.org> Tue, 15 Dec 2009 12:03:15 +0100
expat (2.0.1-4+lenny3) stable-security; urgency=low
* Upload to stable to fix regressions in last security fix.
* debian/patches/560901_CVE_2009_3560.dpatch: Adjusted.
- lib/xmlparse.c (doProlog): Revised patch for CVE-2009-3560 after
regressions have been detected (closes: #561658, #562381). Many thanks
to Niko Tyni and Karl Waclawek for their help and the fix.
-- Daniel Leidert (dale) <daniel.leidert op wgdd.de> Tue, 29 Dec 2009 22:29:18 +0100
More information about the ddh-sys