Working for Peace in the Balkans:
Please note: this is an archive!
A Guide to US Organizations by State
WARNING! You are about to load the Guide to US Organizations, which is BIG (170
Kb). The best way to use this page is to load it once and save it to disk. You
can then use it locally, without Internet connection (and telephone costs). The
menu will work and you can browse through all info (see the tips below).
- It could be an idea to save this page too if you think the info below is useful.
- Browsing offline (loading pages from a local disk): With most browsers you can start your TCP/IP application (f.e. Trumpet Winsock) and load the browser, without making a Internet connection first. You can then load files from a local disk, via the 'File' menu.
Some browsers (f.e. Netscape version 1.1) will not load without an Internet connection. In that case you can wait a few minutes, usuallly Netscape 1.1 will start anyhow. Netscape 1.1 will load local files after you made an Internet connection and logged out again. You can also 'fool' Netscape 1.1 by interrupting the dialing by the TCP/IP application. Then it will start normally.
- If you want to check for an update: First check the "Last update" date at
the top of the page. Go online (load the file again if necessary) and click on
"Get the latest update" at the top of the page. The menu you get will tell you
the date of the latest version of the guide.
- Remember, your browser can search pages. For most organizations some key
words are given, so by searching for "key words" you can scan the page for
subjects. Of course you can use any other search string you like.
- With most organizations an E-mail address is given. You do not have to write
this down when you want to send mail. Simply copy and past this address into
your mailer application.
Using web addresses (http://....) works the same: Copy and paste the address to
the "location" field of your browser and hit [ENTER].
[Hope on the Balkans]