E-mail Project West Slavonia
October 1996 report
Pakrac, 22 Oct 96, 20:40
Here is a short report for the month of October from the Email Project
West Slavonia and Support of Zamir-PK. Coordinators and Sysops are Rafal
Bociek and Burkhard Pranke. Both of us are part of Volunteer Project
For Email Project West Slavonia
- I*EARN meeting in Zagreb in Open Society Institute (28.09. I*EARN (...)
is international program for students and teachers. We were talking about
the future of this project in Croatia. Three schools from our Project were
participating in the meeting (Secondary School Pakrac, Secondary School
from III Grammar School Osijek). We are giving technical support to the
Email Project East Slavonia are. Also during this time we met with Eric
Bachman and Ognjen Tus. We were talking about connecting schools and NGO's
- Participation APC meeting in Slovenia (4-6.10). We made there some
contacts with people from other organisations. We were talking about
Radio Connection for refugees camps which has got problem with phone line
(East Slavonia -Gasinci) and we hope we will connect it to email in the
- Participation ZTN meeting in Zagreb between Zamir-ZG and Zamir-PK (11-12.10). We were talking about developing email in Croatia, future of ZTN,
developing email in West and East Slavonia.
- First Visit to Osijek (10-13.10)
- First practical meeting with sister project from Osijek (Volunteer
Project Osijek) and talking about developing email in East Slavonia.
- During visit of Osijek we train and help local NGOs with email
(Bosnian Center, Youth Action Group and Peace Center).
- Connect and train computer science teacher from III Grammar School.
- Second Visit to Osijek (24-27.10)
- meeting with Volunteer Project Osijek and arranging visits in Vukovar
and Beli Manastir.
- Connect one of the volunteer groups to email.
- Connect one NGO to email.
- training one more teacher and help III Grammar School with email, and
talking about other schools from East Slavonia and connecting them to
- find local support from Osijek. This person is going to as a
troublshooter for email and working as a email and Zamir-PK support for
- All the time in Pakrac training and trouble shooting for West Slavonia
NGO's (Women's Group, Volunteer Project Pakrac, Human Rights Office, UNOV,
Civil Rights Project).
- Helping students and teachers from Secondary School Pakrac with using
- Training new support team.
- Phone support for users.
- Orgenaising user fee from users of Zamir-PK for runing costs.
- Daily work with BBS Zamir-PK (undelivered, troublshooting etc.)
- Contacting other organisations and exchanging experience and
looking for sponsor for developing email in the region.
Rafal Bociek and Burkhard Pranke